If you would like to contribute stories, photographs, or video on wildlife and/or conservation, you can send us a pitch.
However, before you send us a pitch, please read the following details and guidelines. Due to the high volume of
enquiries we receive, we cannot respond to every pitch personally, but we will be in touch within four weeks if we feel
your pitch will work for us. We only publish content about India.
Stories for Sustain
Topics we cover include:
- Specific species
- Critical issues facing wildlife or habitats
- Conservation issues/problems and conservation success stories
- People profiles of inspiring individuals working in the any of the areas mentioned above.
- Interesting short, snippety fact-based stories on unique features/aspects of the natural world.
- Stories of the wild from urban settings
We look for stories that are inspiring, well-researched, and well thought out. We also accept stories about case studies
or research projects, provided the language is not to technical or mired in jargon, and is understandable to the lay
Photos for Sustain
- If you are a wildlife photographer and would like to contribute you can send us a portfolio or link to your images. We
can put to you on our contributor’s list and contact you when we are looking for images.
- Photos essays must have a unique narrative story to be considered for publishing. We may work with a photographer to
build a story but we don’t publish photo stories without any text.
Videos for Sustain
- If you have great video footage of wildlife or habitats and an accompanying narrative story, we do consider pitches from
videographers. You can pitch to make a video exclusively for us, or for us to use your footage in videos we make. Write
in with a sample of your work.